Archive for July, 2010
Thursday, July 22nd, 2010 | Our Best Advice | Comments Off
Dining On The Go is becoming a staple in most cities in areas ISAstaffing clients travel to, including locally in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles. Peter Terzian at Elle Decor tells us FOOD TO GO trucks running around the urban landscape are serving wonderful alternatives to indoor dining. You can enjoy Dining On The Go when traveling this summer, or by having an event these trucks could service, or spontaneously following them on Twitter to find out where they are at your local (including when traveling).
Border Grill Truck, Los Angeles
This truck would be great for a corporate event held outdoors in a nearby park. We have several parks that are perfect for this in Beverly Hills. A permit can be obtained for your next office meeting held outdoors (special Fridays?) — and Buttermilk also serves late night breakfasts which is perfect for after hours event foods. You can have a breakfast meal anytime as a novelty event idea.
Let’s Be Frank, San Francisco
Serving all natural grass fed frankfurters, Let’s Be Franks is the perfect alternative to the corner stand and having to wait in line when you’ve got that craving and a busy schedule.
Parked in Justin Herman’s Plaza (great design by Engine Room) this truck would also be perfect hired for private parties. A hit for any event it’s a wonderful alternative to catering for a social weekend you want hosted in Northern California. Ask if they’ll co-cater with another Food To Go truck that specializes in desserts.
Send us email of other trucks with fun graphics design you know that serves great food and we’ll check them out.
Serving Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Torrance, Hancock Park, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Marina Del Rey, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose. Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Woodland Hills, Topanga Canyon, Westwood, Hollywood Hills, Pasadena, San Mareno, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Ventura County, California, New York, & the greater United States…
Our Best Advice has been brought to you by www.ISAstaffing.com.Visit often for other great ideas, use our Tell A Friend featured link to this blog, and our Domestic Staffing website to pass our TIPS and renowned services. THANKS!
Tuesday, July 6th, 2010 | Our Best Advice | Comments Off
At ISA staffing we often deal with food preparation because we place TOP CHEFS in our Clients homes. This means we see sample menus as part of their chef resume portfolios. ( submit an application here). Rarely is there Tea featured in a meal any longer, though it used to be part of all menus (tea and coffee were listed with dessert offerings). TIP – drink more TEA then water, and bring it back into your daily menu. One of the most nourishing drinks TEA not only hydrates, it also gives antioxidant benefits. You can have an Event tea party for 4 to 400 and still have healthy benefits too (ok, desserts are indulgence of pleasure). Have a little sweetness and you can meditate on its value.
For a local treat, afternoon tea at The Penninsula Hotel Beverly Hills has been served since it opened. They’ve introduced “cap cakes” into the afternoon tea experience which you can bring into your Events celebrations. Mini cup cakes are also served in American tea parties for both kids and adults. TEA, is a great excuse for a party. Consider the following:
The ever increasing addiction of soft drinks by younger gens means Tea’s value is being lost. Encourage switching to iced tea instead, sweetened with natural sweeteners. Have iced tea ready in the refrigerator carried in Eco Friendly bottles instead of water. Negative affects of sodas and water bottles on sustainable resources must stop. TEA makes a wonderful and affordable gift for any occasion, including Events treat bags. Visit The American Tea Room in Beverly Hills, or see their offerings online for a terrific selection including rare teas, brewing accoutrement, and classes in how to make tea given by a tea master.
- Anti Carcinogenic: Studies have shown that apart from being anti-aging the Catechins present in green tea also neutralize free radicals, preventing formation of carcinogens like nitrosamines. Green tea is now being clinically used in prevention of cancer.
- Reducing Cholesterol: Green tea has been seen effective in reducing cholesterol level probably due to its alkaline property. Enjoy becoming more alkaline for benefits on the body including protecting the heart. Cardiac & Arterial Health is important: Certain components in green tea prevents thickening of blood, thereby reducing chances of Arterial Sclerosis, Thrombosis, Cardiac and Cerebral Strokes.
- Anti Diabetic: If not taken with a sweetener, the alkaline nature of green tea helps reduce blood glucose level. The anti oxidizing and astringent nature of its constituents ensure good health and better functioning of the pancreas, thereby producing better secretion of insulin. How we respond to insulin is key. Proper absorption of food sugars helps mitigate diabetes.
- Weight Loss: Green tea also helps lose weight by enhancing rate of metabolism, and thereby faster consumption of fat storage of the body. Recently green tea has replaced other beverages in the western world as its helps with weight loss. Drink a cup full of green tea in the morning and you should lose a couple pounds of excess weight because it also acts as a natural diuretic.
- Stamina & Endurance Booster: You can prove this yourself. Just have a cup of hot green tea after rigorous exercise and quickly you’ll be ready for a few more sets. It also effectively counters muscle pain due to over exercising. Haven’t seen athletes taking green tea with their exercise routine? In Japan and China it’s part of practitioners ritual of Martial Arts which are far more rigorous then western exercise.
- De intoxicating: Green tea is the best cure to get rid of hangovers and fatigue caused by consumption of alcoholic beverages and lack of sleep due to late night parties. A young friend that I mentor texted asking what the fastest cure for a raging headache was after a wedding (parties can take their tole). I replied with directions how using a couple of drops of Peppermint Oil on forehead and back of neck (keep away from eyes), and a big glass of green tea with lemon, feels as if no hangover at all. Green tea with Lemon is a popular remedy to cut effect of alcohols in England.
- May 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- Apply for a Butler Job in Los Angeles Area
- Apply for a Chauffeur Job in Los Angeles
- Apply for a Chef job
- Beverly Hills Estate Managers
- Beverly Hills Estate Staffing Agency
- CONTACT us in Beverly Hills
- Domestic Employment Agency Los Angeles
- Domestic Services Placement Los Angeles
- Estate Staffing Agency in Beverly Hills
- Free Quote Estate Staffing
- Free Trial Staffing Assurance
- Job Locations West Side
- Jobs In Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Hollywood Hills, Pacific Palisades
- Jobs In Encino, Westlake, Sherman Oaks
- Jobs In Hancock Park, Hollywood Hills, Los Feliz
- Jobs in Santa Barbara, Orange County, Aspen
- Jobs In Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Malibu
- Los Angeles Employment Agency
- Los Angeles Staffing Services
- Maids, Nannies, Housekeepers
- Nannies Needed in Los Angeles
- Personal Assistant Jobs
- Qualified Butlers for Hire
- Qualified Chauffeurs for Hire
- Staffing in Beverly Hills
- Staffing in Los Angeles