Archive for November, 2010
Tuesday, November 23rd, 2010 | Our Best Advice | Comments Off
For those who want quick Vegan Thanksgiving TIPS try out Chef Tal’s menu, or gift it on to friends. The entree is Sage & Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Gardein with other great recipes. Chefs become famous for so many reasons, including diversity and innovation along with mouthwatering foods and delectable desserts. Chef Tal is renowned for flavorfooledya originality first featured on Oprah as the 21 days vegan food cleanse. He also teaches Master Vegetarian and Vegan Classes at Le Cordon Blue affiliates nationwide. See some of his vegan recipes here, and find Gardein products in Los Angeles (or locations nationwide) under where to buy.
If you’re into traditional Thanksgiving Holiday then Ina Garten still has some of the best TIPS around to keep it good for a Kids Thanksgiving too. Many children don’t like Turkey because it’s too dry and the Barefoot Contessa offers her Roasted Chicken entree with other make ahead and easy to prepare tricks. Esquire offers a look back to their 1984 issue. The iconic Frank Sinatra (one of our oldest clients at ISA Staffing), dined with Ronald and Nancy Reagan that November (see clients in our Gallery), who raved about persimmon puddings, goose with prunes, and coconut drinks at a Thanksgiving Meal that Mrs. Reagan hosted. Enjoy trying some iconic classic and creative recipes from that era.
There is also a recipe for sour cream whip, a great alternative to whipped cream for pie, or try others at their Eat Like A Man Every Day featured articles (an absurd name when many today love to eat healthy and well!) Check out their TIPS including those tried and true by Wolfgang Puck. You’ll love the flashback, also see the 2010 list of Best New Restaurants In America (for those you don’t know) and pass our TIPS to your Friends, Family, Employers, or Colleagues. Chefs give their preferences on whether to ditch the Turkey and what alternatives they recommend, canned cranberry sauce vs homemade, To Marshmallow or Not To Marshmallow that Sweet Potatoes recipe, and more. You’ll enjoy comparing notes with your own practices and learn some new TIPS for your family holiday meals, one you can savor romantically for two , as a party, or tucked in at home alone sports-filled. If you need to arrange for a Chauffeur/Driver for someone who’s had a little to much imbibed during those favorite games, please contact us ahead of time before your event. It may not seem like beer can be too much of a good thing (and Micro Brews offer so many delectable choices today), but do stay safe this Holiday Season.
Download one of your favorite film classics (where the memorable performances are by actors dressed in fashions we love), and delight in the year coming to a close. The last two months may as well be declared a national holiday vacation, for all the day-dreaming and event planning everyone imagines transported to quickly (including just resting at home), or places longed for to be away from the rush. However you love to spend your Thanksgiving, remember to give THANKS, and help others less fortunate this Holiday Season wherever you are!
See more great TIPS at our SITEMAP. We THANK YOU for your unwavering support, and may your Thanksgiving be full of love and prosperity with family, friends, and co-workers!
Serving Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Torrance, Hancock Park, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Marina Del Rey, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose. Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Woodland Hills, Topanga Canyon, Westwood, Hollywood Hills, Pasadena, San Mareno, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Ventura County, California, New York, & the greater United States…
Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010 | Our Best Advice | Comments Off
I’m making the rounds eating at vegan, vegetarian, and raw food restaurants in Los Angeles and enjoying comparative food trends. At ISA staffing we’re seeing more clients ask for Chefs who have this experience working in households (see job descriptions we place). Below are some places to explore if you’ve not eaten these food styles, which are healthy and delicious. I call them styles of food because like all other cuisine, they have a specified cultural range. Not all of these spots are strictly vegan or vegetarian, but they do have this cuisine substantially included into their menu planning. I’ve been eating raw food for decades, and know that this cuisine actually started long before it became trendy. Although I’m no longer strictly raw, I do include it as a high percentage of my food intake. I’ve discovered that being all raw was not working for me, but everyone’s needs are uniquely different.
A longevity staple of the golden age of hollywood, in those days, raw steak tartare (filet américain) was considered one of the healthiest meals you could enjoy (still is, in Europe, Mexico, Asia, and by foodies alike). Legend has it that the infamous actress Mae West ate a raw steak daily as the reason for her long life and healthy libido, she lived well into her 90′s. The story told is that Mae had many of the local college football players coming around loving her company. We seem to be moving away from eating animal proteins on the one hand, yet it’s interesting to note that more steak houses open all the time. If you’re into it, you can find raw steak and tuna tartare served in the bar lounge at The Four Seasons on Doheny, Beverly Hills.
Whatever your food preferences are, vegan and raw are a fast growing lifestyle that Chefs need in their repertoire. Our clients look for Chefs who have a widely expert cooking range and top references, and if you do, we’d love to help you find that dream job. Meanwhile check out these places and their variety, not all high end or fancy fare, but a good representation of local eats in these food trends.
2. Real Food Daily (West Hollywood) – The organic vegan favorite menu attracts vegetarians and some who aren’t, including a diet-conscious VIP cliental. See more…
3. Flowering Tree (West Hollywood) – This casual café menu is jam packed with organic vegetarian and vegan choices, and for the carnivores, fresh meats from family farms.
5. M Cafe de Chaya (Beverly Hills) – A spin off of Chaya (Beverly Hills, Venice, and San Francisco), this gourmet modern inspired by macrobiotic menu is by world renowned Chef Shigefumi Tachibe. M can quickly become an obsession that many of our clients favor. This modest cafe setting takes it higher with great reviews.
6. Inn of the Seventh Ray (San Fernando Valley) – Long considered a romantic date rendez-vous, this famous Inn provides vegan, with a variety of organic meat and meat-free options, and alcohol-free wines. More about their Chefs history and their menu.
7. Real Raw Live (Hollywood) – Serving organic raw smoothies, raw and vegan concoctions, including Master Cleanse in a bottle to go, they specialize in a 5 day raw food cleanse and a 3 day organic juice fast.
- May 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- Apply for a Butler Job in Los Angeles Area
- Apply for a Chauffeur Job in Los Angeles
- Apply for a Chef job
- Beverly Hills Estate Managers
- Beverly Hills Estate Staffing Agency
- CONTACT us in Beverly Hills
- Domestic Employment Agency Los Angeles
- Domestic Services Placement Los Angeles
- Estate Staffing Agency in Beverly Hills
- Free Quote Estate Staffing
- Free Trial Staffing Assurance
- Job Locations West Side
- Jobs In Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Hollywood Hills, Pacific Palisades
- Jobs In Encino, Westlake, Sherman Oaks
- Jobs In Hancock Park, Hollywood Hills, Los Feliz
- Jobs in Santa Barbara, Orange County, Aspen
- Jobs In Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Malibu
- Los Angeles Employment Agency
- Los Angeles Staffing Services
- Maids, Nannies, Housekeepers
- Nannies Needed in Los Angeles
- Personal Assistant Jobs
- Qualified Butlers for Hire
- Qualified Chauffeurs for Hire
- Staffing in Beverly Hills
- Staffing in Los Angeles