Tuesday, October 14th, 2008 | Our Best Advice
Bike, Carpool, Keep Tires Inflated:
One-third of all traffic is commuters. Map out and use alternative transportation when possible. If you must drive, go slower with proper tire inflation. It saves both fuel and tires, and lowers emissions. It also saves lives.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Compost: Reusing packaging material saves more energy than recycling. By avoiding extra packaging, you save both energy and landfill space. Yard and kitchen waste (leaves/grass/vegetable scraps) are 30% of trash. Reduce this amount by composting. Also be sure to re-use plastic bags. Better yet… refuse plastic bags when you really don’t need them. Take your own cloth bags and keep them in the car for shopping.
- Conserve Water: Don’t let faucets run. Never water your lawn at midday. Place a brick in older toilets. Take low flow short showers. If your tub is big enjoy bathing together! Run dishwasher only when full. Plant native or drought-tolerant plants instead of grass.
- Quit Smoking: Second-hand smoke is a major indoor air pollutant and health hazard. Work towards quitting. Big gain for your home and health.
- Don’t Use Pesticides/Herbicides On Your Lawn: Along with nitrogen fertilizer runoff, these are major water pollutants. Change your lawns for eco friendly plants and use environmentally friendly products.
- Keep Your Cat Indoors: Domestic cats kill over one billion small birds and animals every year. They upset natural balances and eliminate ground-nesting birds.
- Eat Less Meat – More Local Organic Food: Feedlots are a major source of organic pollution. Tropical forests are cut to raise beef.
- Lower Thermostat In the Winter – Raise It In The Summer: Wearing layered sweaters to moderate comfort and sleeveless/short sleeves in summer, saves on energy bills, grid overload, and reduces pollution.
- Dispose Of Paint, Chemicals, and Oil Properly: Don’t put batteries, antifreeze, paint, motor oil, or chemicals in the trash. Use proper toxics disposal sites. Don’t buy more than you need.
- Consider Environmental Costs: Compare efficiency when purchasing new cars or appliances. Buy fewer things and choose sustainable products and food. Choose products with lower energy inputs. Pool resources. Donate and recycle rather then discard.
- Wash dishes by hand in a basin, then use the dish water for outdoor gardens. Make beautiful things grow. Wherever, whenever you can.
- Volunteer/Lobby For The Environment: Work locally and globally to save natural places, reduce urban sprawl, lower pollution and prevent destruction of wilderness areas for timber and oil.
- Plant A Tree With A Child: Take walks in the woods, plant trees which store CO2. Give trees as gifts for children to plant instead of plastic toys. Teaching children to love and care for the planet is the most important thing we can do to insure our future.
Serving Los Angeles, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Bel Air, Benedict Canyon, Torrance, Hancock Park, Laurel Canyon, Los Feliz, Marina Del Rey, Malibu, Pacific Palisades, Melrose. Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Encino, Woodland Hills, Topanga Canyon, Westwood, Hollywood Hills, Pasadena, San Mareno, Santa Barbara, Orange County, Ventura County, California, New York, & the greater United States…
Our Best Advice has been brought to you by www.ISAstaffing.com, renowned Best of The Best in Household Work and Domestic Help staffing. Visit often for other great ideas, use our Tell A Friend featured link to this blog, and our Domestic Staffing website to pass our HOT TIPS and renowned services. THANKS!
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- May 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- March 2012
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- October 2008
- Apply for a Butler Job in Los Angeles Area
- Apply for a Chauffeur Job in Los Angeles
- Apply for a Chef job
- Beverly Hills Estate Managers
- Beverly Hills Estate Staffing Agency
- CONTACT us in Beverly Hills
- Domestic Employment Agency Los Angeles
- Domestic Services Placement Los Angeles
- Estate Staffing Agency in Beverly Hills
- Free Quote Estate Staffing
- Free Trial Staffing Assurance
- Job Locations West Side
- Jobs In Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Brentwood, Hollywood Hills, Pacific Palisades
- Jobs In Encino, Westlake, Sherman Oaks
- Jobs In Hancock Park, Hollywood Hills, Los Feliz
- Jobs in Santa Barbara, Orange County, Aspen
- Jobs In Santa Monica, Marina Del Rey, Malibu
- Los Angeles Employment Agency
- Los Angeles Staffing Services
- Maids, Nannies, Housekeepers
- Nannies Needed in Los Angeles
- Personal Assistant Jobs
- Qualified Butlers for Hire
- Qualified Chauffeurs for Hire
- Staffing in Beverly Hills
- Staffing in Los Angeles